Friday, November 2, 2012

Ask for help


As I am reading Marian’s book I am also reading Modern Man in Search if a Soul by Carl Yung. At one point he mentions how strange metaphysical events occur in bunches. Now that I look back on the past week I see a pattern of chance happenings. Whether its coincidental or the universe is truly answering my pleads, I don’t know. Last week, as I bald my eyes on the phone to my mother about my issues with food she told me to be patient this was not going to happen over night. A habit is formed in 21 days, so for the next 3 weeks make a conscious decision concerning what foods I put in my body, eat slow, listen to my body. Next day, I called you L and I vented again and you propose I read this book, which just so happen to stem over 3 weeks. I have also been needing both a person to go through this with me, as well as wanting a blog to confirm it and here you were wanting just the same! Then yesterday’s exercise, Williamson asked us to create a place in our home that would be our spiritual spot. I was like yeah ok! I live in an apartment with 7 other people in Nablus! I share a small room with 3 girls where I don’t have a bed just a mattress and my closet is set up on a broken bed left in the room! The same day, beds were provided for us and mine had a build in shelf system! I set up all my things the way I wanted, organized, tidy easily accessible, what I’ve been needing. While she asked us to place trinkets in that spot, I can’t really since most of my favorite belongings are in Montreal, but in relation to how I was living and now this is phenomenal! Finally I’ve been needing a wax for ages, a bit of pampering but couldn’t find a place to do that here. Finally as I chatted with a new found friend yesterday, I brought this up and she suggested a spot. Mani pedi and some waxing later I feel fantastic!

As for the most important part, whether or not this journey has been helpful. So far, I have maintained pretty good control over my eating (exercise was never a problem) I have been listening to my body, craving healthier things, my mind has not been consumed with thoughts of food, and I have been dealing with new challenges and overcoming my fears. It could just be a placebo affect; the fact that this is a public challenge and it is my fear of failing that’s what causing. But I am aware enough that new age spirituality should be taken with a grain of salt. Therefor I believe I could say with objectivity that simply accepting certain issues and talking them out with yourself and/or others helps keep you keep straight. If anyone is having the same kind of issues L and I have been, this is a good path to take.
How have you been holding up L any positive changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment