Sunday, November 4, 2012

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” Tolkiens


The last couple for exercises Williamson gave us to do I couldn’t really get to. Create a divine space kind of work out because I got lucky and received a bed that had a built in shelf system and I organized it my own way and made it my space. However, the exercise after was to buy myself a new dining set including: a napkin, new plate, cutlery and cup. While I would love to do that, I am working as a volunteer in Palestine and therefore do not have the money to splurge on plates. And anyways there is not personal space for people to leave their stuff in the kitchen and stuff breaks all the time, so yeah as I was saying…not doable. But what I am trying to do is to respect my food. I noticed that recently I lost the grace with which I used to eat, the sanctity I used to give my food, the event I made of every meal. Whether it was breakfast, lunch, dinner, a home cooked meal or take out I always put a place mat out, put it on a plate and savored every bite.
Recently I have been inhaling my food, taking the second bite before I have even swallowed the first. I used to know when I wanted or didn’t want something. Now it’s like I constantly fiend for food, “just fill me up will you” my stomach calls out to me all the time! So this is my challenge for this wee. Treat every meal like I am dinning with royalty, or even better, like Brad Pitt is sitting across from and I need to seduce the hell outta him. Also, to stop trying to please everybody. I used to eat just because a friend was eating something and I felt lame saying no. So now I will hold my ground!

What about you L? Have you created a "spot", bought new plates and silverware?

No comments:

Post a Comment